- TinkerCAD Program is what you need to get started as well as MakerBot Program (both free!)
- 3D Printers are available at UVic at a cost of 10 cents per gram using. The printing process takes a while longer than you might think. For instance, Amy’s cookie cutter took 1.5 weeks
- You can make anything really! Math manipulative included.
- The place to find 3D model files already made for free!:
- Common problems: warping may occur due to difference in temperature (hot plastic on cold plastic)
- “Our students are growing up in a 3D world where we can build things on computers and transfer them to real life!”-Amy
- Even if you don’t have a 3D printer in the school you can get students working on TinkerCAD to develop objects that are useful for educational purposes i.e. math, science, art.